Wester Ross Fisheries Trust believe that everyone has a right to access information, whoever they are, and we are committed to ensuring that as many people as possible can access and use this web site ("the Site").
In accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 Part Four and the Disability Discrimination Act 2005, we have made every attempt to ensure that all of the pages within the Site comply with all of the Priority 1 (A) accessibility checkpoints, as defined in the Web Accessibility Initiative's (WAI) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Access keys enable people to move quickly between different sections and pages of a web site without the use of a mouse. This Site has the following access keys:
UK standard access keys:
- S - Skip navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 3 - Site Map
- 8 - Terms and conditions
- 0 - Accessibility
Wester Ross Fisheries Trust site specific access keys:
The following keys represent the main sections of the Site. The access key for each section is underlined in the main menu.
- A - About us
- C - Conservation
- D - Downloads
- E - Education
- F - Fishes
- G - Gallery
- H - Habitats
- I - Fisheries
- M - Marine Issues
- U - Contact us
- V - Activities
Browsers supporting access keys
At the time of writing (January 2008), the following browsers are known to support access keys:
- Internet Explorer
- Netscape Navigator
How to use access keys
The way access keys work depends upon which browser you are using.
- Windows computers:
- Firefox: Hold down the SHIFT + ALT keys and select the access key
- Internet Explorer: Hold down the ALT key and select the access key, then press ENTER
- Mozilla: Hold down the SHIFT + ALT keys and select the access key
- Netscape: Hold down the SHIFT + ALT keys and select the access key
- Opera: Hold down the SHIFT and ESC keys (making sure to press SHIFT first), release both keys, then select the access key
- Safari: Hold down the ALT key and select the access key
- Mac computers:
- Internet Explorer: Hold down the CTRL key and select the access key
- Mozilla: Hold down the CTRL key and select the access key
- Netscape: Hold down the CTRL key and select the access key
- Safari: Hold down the CTRL + ALT keys and select the access key
All external links in the Site open in a new browser window. External text links are highlighted in. Images which link to external web sites have alternative text which begins with "EXTERNAL LINK: "
The text on the Site is scalable, and can be increased and decreased in size. How to do this depends upon which browser you are using:
- Firefox. You can increase the text size via the View menu: View » Text Size » Increase/Decrease
- Internet Explorer 7. You can alter the text size via the Page menu: Page » Text Size » Smallest/Small/Medium/Larger/Largest
- Netscape. You can increase the text size via the View menu: View » Text Zoom » Smaller/Larger.
- Opera. You can increase the text size via the View menu: View » Zoom » -10% / +10%
We have worked hard to ensure that the Site is as easy to use and accessible as possible. We are, however, always looking for ways to improve things further so, if you have experienced a problem or have a suggestion on how to make the Site better, please e-mail us at email@example.com